Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Films on Demand Overview
The Films on Demand Master Academic Collection and Archival Films & Newsreel Collection provides unlimited access to over 40,000 educational films, documentaries, and news clips.
Why Use Films on Demand
- All videos come with a fully searchable transcripts, allowing you to easily find content within a video.
- The segment feature allows you to link directly to the whole video or just a subsection. You can also create and share your own clips with a personal account.
- All videos come with performance rights allowing you to show them in an academic setting without requiring additional copyright allowances.
- Clips can be embedded in to Blackboard or other web pages.
- Each video comes with a citation tool for easy attribution.
- Set up new content alerts based on your interests with a personal account.
Off Campus Access
Remote (off campus) access to the FDU databases is available only to FDU students, faculty, and staff.
To access a database from off campus, select it from the library's A-Z Databases List. You will be prompted for your FDU NET ID and password. Upon verification you will be given access to the database.