Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
United States Pharmacopeia and National Formulary (USP-NF)
A combination of two compendia, the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and the National Formulary (NF). Monographs for drug substances, dosage forms, and compounded preparations are featured in the USP. Monographs for dietary supplements and ingredients appear in a separate section of the USP. Excipient monographs are in the NF.
USP Dictionary of United States Adopted Names (USAN)
A vital reference tool that provides the only comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products. It is published every year in August
- BP (Veterinary) and the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.)
- general notices (providing general information applicable to all texts)
- general monographs (apply to all dosage forms)
- specific monographs providing mandatory standards for:
- active pharmaceutical ingredients
- formulated preparations (licensed and unlicensed products)
- herbal drugs, herbal drug products and herbal medicinal products
- materials for use in the manufacture of homoeopathic preparations
- blood-related products
- immunological products
- radiopharmaceutical preparations
- infrared reference spectra
- supplementary chapters (providing additional guidance)
- comprehensive index
European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) 10th Edition
A single reference work for the quality control of medicines in the signatory states of the Convention on its elaboration.The Ph. Eur. It is applicable in 38 European countries and used in over 100 countries worldwide.