Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Giovatto Library Group Study Room Policy
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ROOMS GL1, GL2, GL3
The Group Study Rooms in the Giovatto Library are available to small groups to use for academic purposes. The Group Study Room Policy will provide guidelines to ensure the study areas remain clean, comfortable and available on an equitable basis. Study group occupants agree to comply with the Giovatto Library Study Room Policy. Failure to comply will result in the revocation of the privilege to use a Group Study Room. Giovatto Library reserves the right to cancel a Group Study Room booking.
- Rooms must be booked using an FDU email address. All Group Study Rooms must be booked in advance by scheduling a time block on the Group Study Reservation Page. Reservations must be confirmed within 15 minutes of booking by responding to an automated email message.
- Room reservations are taken not more than 2 weeks in advance. Groups should cancel their reservations if they will not be able to keep the requested time.
- Conversation should not be heard outside of the room.
- No food or beverages allowed.
- Group Study Rooms may be booked in 2 hour blocks for no more than 4 hours per day, not necessarily consecutive.
- If a group is occupying a room, and wishes to continue occupying the room if it has not been reserved, they must request the block online.
- Users must arrive at the Group Study Room on time in order to avoid forfeiting the entire consecutive block reservation. A reserved room that is unoccupied will expire 15 minutes after the beginning of the reservation. If the user contacts the circulation desk, 201-692-2279, prior to the start of the reservation an exception will be made.
- Occupants must adhere to the maximum Occupancy Guidelines.
- Do not move, disconnect or alter any technology in the rooms.
- Rooms must be visible and accessible at all times. Chairs may not be moved in or out of rooms. Do not block windows or doors.
- Any incidences or issues should be reported to the librarian on duty.
- Personal belongings are not to be left in the Group Study Rooms. Belongings left unattended are subject to removal. Giovatto Library is not responsible for items left unattended.
- It is the responsibility of the individual booking the Group Study Room to leave the room in good order. All trash must be removed, chalkboards and whiteboards erased.
- 15 minutes prior to closing time occupants must vacate the Group Study Room
- Occupants must vacate the Group Study Rooms when directed to by staff.
- Be courteous in yielding the rooms to others when your allotted time has expired.